TOP TIPS FOR YOUR WEBSITE
January is the month of new resolutions – here’s a tip for website owners for a resolution you can achieve! (January is a great motivator but you can apply the principle of these tips at any time really!)
CHECK YOUR WEBSITE!
It is all to easy once you have your business website to consider that a tick on your checklist and move on to the next pressing business matter to be dealt with – of course it is, we’re all busy running our businesses but it is mistake you should avoid. Your website is an investment in your business, not an expense to be checked off, and as with any investment you should keep checking it!
BE YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE
So, an easy tip for January and for the year going forward – visit your website like a visitor would and ask yourself these questions: –
- Check the information is up to date – anything changed in your business that needs updating (have you removed those Christmas offers!) ?
- Have you added anything new recently? Don’t let your website become stale – could you add a blog, a case study, a customer review perhaps?
- Is it easy to contact you?
- Have you checked your contact forms?
- Are there any broken links?
- Do you have an SSL certificate?
- Is your site mobile friendly?
- Has it been optimised?
These are just some tips for giving your website a New Year Health Check. If you don’t currently have a website, then now is a great time to start planning for one – remember your customers ARE online and you need to be too. It can be as simple as a one-page business card right up to a full Ecommerce site – but some form of website is essential in this digital age.
If you need reliable assistance with a new or existing website please do get in touch.